donderdag 30 mei 2013

The American Dream

Hi there,

Ever since I can remember I've been obsessed with the United States..
Whether it's for its nature, the people, cities, movies, culture or the amazing cars, boy do I love that country..

From a very young age I dreamt of visiting the 'Home of the Brave' or 'Land of the Free' as some call it.
Love this picture I found
I have family living in the U.S. (Pennsylvania) and in 2003 they came to visit us. I can still remember loving the fact that I could just talk English to someone who wouldn't find it strange that I wanted to talk English. (Because obviously otherwise they wouldn't understand what I was saying, but you know what I mean..) I've had friends that I would ask to speak in English with me, but they always found it strange.. Obviously it was, because hey, we're Dutch.. Why would we speak English to each other, right? Well.. I thought differently..

Anyhow, they visited, and we had a great time. In 2009 they visited us again, and in 2010 I finally got to visit them together with my sister. It was incredible, seeing these giant roads and pick-up trucks, I just couldn't believe my dream was finally being realized. 
It was so unreal being there. In the future I hope to travel more to this country, maybe even live there.. who knows? Just thought I'd share.. :)





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten